Save the Environment

Save the Environment

Lunes, Agosto 13, 2012

La Niña- the Little Girl


Of course, here is La Niña, the counter part of El Niño, also known as the “little girl”. Compared to El Niño, La Niña is more devastating, how?
Imagine this place to be yours.


I know its kinda hard. Yes, it’s true. It happened just last week.
From lectures and teachers, I have learned that La Niña is characterized by unusually cold ocean temperatures in the eastern equatorial Pacific, as compared to El Niño, which is characterized by unusually warm ocean temperatures in the Equatorial Pacific. Its effects are more destructible than El Niño. Why? Imagine 450,000 L of water made by Typhoon Ondoy last year which was an effect of La Niña. It causes many tropical storms and typhoons which could result to floods and landslides.
I would also want to know more on how we, Filipinos of today respond to these events. Its quiet interesting to know that there are simple actions that could lessen its effects. For example, you can help by keeping your small litters for a while when you don’t see trash cans around you. I would also like to research on modern methods on how we can predict its upcoming rainfalls and the like. I appreciate the fact that many of us nowadays are alarmed about this effect and everyone in the community helps to stop the destruction it brings to our country.
As a student and a youth, I could apply my learning and insights to help  in reducing the effects of La Niña. I know my voice is heard and I, with the other youth, could help stop illegal logging and other cases of landslides and floods. Remember, rain is a blessing from God but floods are effects of man’s unnatural activities.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento